With all of the rain we had it was getting quite cool of a night and i had to pull out the musty old doonas that have been in hibernation for the last 8 months. It spurred me on to get this finished. The boy is the only one without a mum made quilt on his bed. But not any more!
I used a brand new vintage sheet on the back and stipple quilted it all over. I think he is trying to give it the thumbs up!
When i set myself up to start freemotion quilting i need to adjust the tensions on my machine and so i make these little quilt sandwiches to test it on. Some turn out quite good and i bind them to make little coasters/ mugrugs.
There's only so many coasters one woman can use!
So i came up with this quick and simple idea of making it into a needle case!
One piece of felt cut to size
And sewn through the middle!